Join now - be part of our community!

How to underclock the PC (Overheat problem...) ?

Ondoval
Visitor

How to underclock the PC (Overheat problem...) ?

Hello everybody, and thanks a lot to the poster (i found a lot of threads that helped me a lot)
I have a heat problem with my 816S (can't play more than 20 minutes in any 3D game before it hangs up because of the MB temperature)
Do you now any underclocking Programme for the CPU that works on 816 S ?? Or a Programme that limit the % of CPU activity ??

Thanks a lot and have a good Week (and forgive my poor English...)
-----
Emmanuel.

5 REPLIES 5
Stephanius
Visitor

The most likely cause for this is that your unit's ventilation system is clogged with dust, or that the fan is not working anymore. This can cause problems even when you are using the system with reduced processor clockspeed.

The simplest way to find out if using speedstep will reduce the head production sufficiently is to use the unit on battery. By default it will then run at a lower speed.

To manually UNDERclock your system, you can try SpeedswitchXP. I would NOT mess around with this though because you might permanently damage something.

If you are still under warranty, you have the unit looked after for free. Even if you are out of warranty it should be cheap, since most likely its either removing dust or replacing a fan.

Ondoval
Visitor

Thanks a lot for youre Help Stephanius !

For SpeedStep, i have only minor options, do you now a programm that manage speedstep with more potential ?
Or a programm that manage Laptop fan ?

Again thanks a lot ^^

-----
Emmanuel

Stephanius
Visitor

Sorry Ondoval, but as I said, have it repaired.

Even if it appears to work, running it too hot may damage the GRT so that you will have a non working machine and an expensive repair later instead of a cheap repair now.

Ondoval
Visitor

Ok thanks again Stephanius.

I'm going to call Sony ^^
I hope they are good at fixing there computers.

-------
Emmanuel

Ondoval
Visitor

Ok thanks again Stephanius.

I'm going to call Sony ^^
I hope they are good at fixing there computers.

-------
Emmanuel