Join now - be part of our community!

kensington lock

profile.country.en_GB.title
davidbridgeman
Visitor

kensington lock

Can anybody tell me where if any I connect a kensington security lock to my FS215b notebook and where I can order one at a good price

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Stephanius
Visitor

The FS series chassis has the kensington lock slot right of the optical drive tray on the units left side, so you can defenitely use one. No idea where to buy one though, you did not say where you are based, but I would check with local retailers to find one.

kee-lo_

Dabs.com and Kelkoo.com are a good start

stevep-4
Visitor

You can often gt one at the airports.....but then can come unstuck at baggage inspection since the security peeps consider them a hijack threat.

If you have one and are going on a flight, put it in your suitcase.

davidbridgeman
Visitor

Thank you for your reply I will have a look at the airport when I go to spain next month.

By the way, where did you get that ace animated gif of the bloke banging his head on a pc .

Atticmaster

davidbridgeman
Visitor

Hi Stephanius
thanks for your reply could you tell me if all the locks have the same fiitings and will fit my notebook.

Thanks atticmaster

Stephanius
Visitor

As far as I know the term 'kensington lock' describes the slot and the fittin security cable sufficiently. As far as I know there is only ONE type of lock and slot. At the very least all Vaio's and Vaio accessories that do have a Kensington lock slot have the same type/size slot.

Check on the Kensington website: www.kensington.com for compatibility information.