Join now - be part of our community!

I can't create RECOVERY DISCS: Vaio recovery\Launcher.exe RUNTIME ERROR

jphs
Visitor

I can't create RECOVERY DISCS: Vaio recovery\Launcher.exe RUNTIME ERROR

Hi

I've just bought a VAIO VGN-AR51SU (vista integral) but I can't create the recovery discs. To do it, i go to the start menu and clic on "vaio recovery center". It opens a window in which I clic on "create recovery discs". Then, when I clic on "start" this error window appears:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vaio recovery\Launcher.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I can't go further...

I'v already updated Windows vista with "windows update" and the notebook with "vaio update" (this one updated the "VAIO Recovery Center" (3.3 MB) and the "VAIO Recovery Center Patch" (2.44MB)but nothing changed.

Does anyone has the solution?
Would that be possible to create these recovery discs with another generic software, without having to use the vaio recovery center? Would they work?

Or maybe should I find a way to reinstall the recovery center (if it's an installation problem)? Where could I find the one adapted to my computer?

Thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_IE.title
dazagro19
Visitor

Hi,
did you try to use the system restore? Just restore your computer to some earlier time, it may help. I have also got ar-51su and works fine, except adobe premiere 3 which just has dissapeared from my system, cant find it. Btw, excellent laptop, isnt?

jphs
Visitor

Thanks marino, I tried to retaure the system but that doesn't solve the problem...
I think I'm going to reinstal the C: disc to see if the problem comes from the files installed on the computer.
yeah nice PC, I haven't really tested its performances yet but I appreciate this huge resolution ;o)

jphs
Visitor

hi

The solution has been found by phil.martin in the french room:
There was a conflict with Daemon tools, the vaio recovery center was looking for the DVD disc but it seems it didn't found it because of the emulation of a DVD player...

DJVorny
Visitor

respect and thank u very much for this info i have finaly fixed the problem yes it was deamon tools that was the problem :cool: