Join now - be part of our community!

Request for XP Pro drivers - VAIO VGN FZ31M

jbuusao
Visitor

Request for XP Pro drivers - VAIO VGN FZ31M

Hello

I need to migrate back from Vista (pre-installed OS) to XP. The problem is that the support site only shows Vista drivers for my model (VGN-FZ31M). Is there any other way to have a set of drivers for XP Pro ?

I suppose that some other folks would like to have the answer to this question too 🙂

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jbuusao and welcome.

There are no official XP Drivers for your model. Sony do not support XP on the FZ31-Series of Vaios and it is not possible to get the FZ-Series to work properly when running XP.

You should be able to use the XP Downgrade Drivers for the VGN-FZ29 but you will need to go to www.LaptopVideo2Go.com to find an XP Video driver for your nVidia graphics.

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/OS/XPDOWNGRADE/FZ29/DRIVERS/

Unfortunately, Sony do not release XP Utilities so you will not be able to get everything working using XP. The biggest problem is the Fn special keys - screen brightness does not work. Power Management and other utilities can also be a problem. Look on the Sony Asia website - there are some Utilities there.

:slight_frown:

jbuusao
Visitor

Thanks Blencogo for a speedy & precise response

I guess that Sony has made an unfortunate and deliberate choice here; for users like me who thought that XP would be supported one way or another on current laptops, whatch out when you select your model!

Do other customer have any (good or bad) experience to share on downgrading FZ31 with the XP drivers for FZ29?

Thanks