Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery Disk - Runtime Error

nonexclusive
Visitor

Recovery Disk - Runtime Error

Hi, I just bought the VGN-FZ21S running Vista and I'm trying to create the recovery discs for safe keeping.

However when I press 'Start' button under Create Recovery Discs the following error appears:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vaio Recovery\Launcher.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi nonexclusive,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Have you installed the VAIO Recovery Center Patch 1.1.4.7.?

If not you can download the patch using the following link: VAIO Recovery Center Patch

nonexclusive
Visitor

Thanx,

Yes I have installed it - the problem is still there

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes I have installed it - the problem is still there

Hmm the fix has solved this problem before.. :thinking:

Have you tried a different DVD manfacturer, ie Verbatim or TDK DVD+R.?

nonexclusive
Visitor

The error occurs before any disc is inserted

DJVorny
Visitor

i have got the exact same problem here it wont let me do it at all :cry: i made a email to sony support over a week ago and still no reply . it sucks becouse this is a brand new laptop all i want to do is make a backup and i am using it for my personal stuff and do not want to loose all my files ect :slight_smile: if anyone has a solution i would be happy to hear becouse after doing some searching it seems like this is a big problem with alot of other people also on a google search there is alot of threads on different forums about this :cry:

DJVorny
Visitor

it seems i may have found the problem after looking in some threads here before i made my own one about the problem to see if this had come up before and i found this here http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=46647&lastpage=yes seems like my problem was deamon tools not sure u use that but if u do try and uninstall it and try the recovery disk again :wink:

nonexclusive
Visitor

I didn't have daemontools but another virtual dvd drive and that's what caused the problem.
ThanX!!!!!