Join now - be part of our community!

I HATE MY VGN-TT11VN !!!!!

TheDarkHorse
Visitor

I HATE MY VGN-TT11VN !!!!!

I used a VGN T2XP running XP for 5 years and had little or no problems. Unfortunately the battery gave out and I discovered that a new one cost nearly £400. As my machine was somewha slow and had servedme well I decided to upgrade to this piece of rubbish. It looks good but it is useless. I was so upset after the first few weeks that the Sony Centre even chaged it for me. However he replacement hasa proved no better. I lose my network & internet connection at least 4 times a day. It blue screens onb me at least once a week. It won't recognise my new wireless printer and won't even let me load the Kodak software frm the CD that came with the machine. My old T2, whilst painfully slow, immediately recognises the printer and allows me to print. My old T2 never loses its internet connection sitting right next to my new machine. My old T2 has never blue screened in 5 years.

When I lose my internet connection the ONLY way forward is to turn close eerything, turn off the machine and start all over again. If you try and diagnose on the few times it permits you to, it informs me that my wireless switch is OFF or there is no problem detected !!

I went and bought a Vodaphone 3G card in he hope that this would solve the issue. No chance it will only work with the Vodaphone dongle and won't recognise it if you install internally and you still loses the connection and the machine hangs just the same.

This machine is driving me bonkers, all VAIO support can suggest is to do a factory reset and I see from other threds that this solves very little and they are just hoping to cure the problem and trying to pass the buck.

I want to throw this machine through the Sony Centre's window and go and buy an Apple. Before I do so and get arrested can anybody offer me any hope of getting this machine to work?

H E L P !!!!!!!

Justin

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Steve755
Visitor

I know this reply is three years too late but going to XP from Vista isn't a downgrade...its an UPGRADE!

TheDarkHorse
Visitor

How helpful VAIO support are!! Having followed their 14 point plan to no avail and having re-installed my wireless adaptors also to no avail they have basically washed their hands of me and said there is no option but to do a full factory reset, which frankly I am loathed to do given I have read many posts here where this advice is given because they have no better advice to give and it makes no difference anyway. Their other piece of advice, until I threatened to tell Bill Gates, was to stop using VISTA and downgrade to XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see why after spending nearly £2000 I should have the hasle of carrying out either of these operations. Both will blow away my data and the later involves me in downloading all sorts of drivers first.

Am I being unreasonable to expect them either to refund me my money as the product they sold me does not do what it says on the packet or carry out the resets or downgrades for me?

over 400 people have read my original post but not one has been able to offer me a solution. If you re suffering the same problems please at least say so as I am beginning to doubt my sanity !!