Join now - be part of our community!

I lost all my bookmarks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carolice
Visitor

I lost all my bookmarks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!

I am back...

I just closed my Firefox... and closed my VAIO by just pressing the On/Off button as i didnt have time to close down properly...

I have just opened it... started my Firefox... ot came up with a funny window telling me We want you only want a Goggle toolbar... asking me to check some boxed... When I did that, I have realised it was all new and fresh and i had no old bookmarks...

Does anyone know how could i recover my previous bookmarks ???

Do I need to do a System Restore? will that help? Or is there a way of doing it manually???

Thank you very much!!!

Kind regards,

Alyona

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Please, can you activate again the sub-option SideBar/Bookmarks in the Menu View ?

Normally, all the bookmarks are saved... :smileygrin:

carolice
Visitor

Thanks for that...

So... I went to View > Side Bar> checked Bookmarks..

It doesn't work!!!!!!!!

Thank you,

Alyona.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I think trying a sytem restore point may be your best bet :slight_smile:

carolice
Visitor

Thanks for trying to help me!!

I have just tried to restore my system, but it doesn't work..... I still can't see all my bookmarks...

Is there anything else I could do???

Thanks again,

Alyona.

carolice
Visitor

OK... all done...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Followed this advice:

Search your computer for file bookmarks.html . Be sure you include hidden files and folders in your search. You'll probably find several of them, along with all your mismatched socks.

Look at the dates, and open the file or files in Fx to decide which one you like. Then go to the Bookmark Manager (oddly, you'll find it under the Bookmarks menu) and go to File/Import to import bookmarks from that file. You're all set.

When you get all set, notice that menu item Bookmarks/Bookmark Manager File/Export... . Guess what that's for? Use it to save a C_O_P_Y (i.e. a BACKUP) of your bookmarks. Just remember exactly where you put that backup. Sounds like you're going to need it. Mr. Green

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Excellent - thanks for posting the solution :slight_smile:

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Well done !!! :smileygrin: