Join now - be part of our community!

I need help with my wlan

profile.country.en_GB.title
Tiggerssprings
Visitor

I need help with my wlan

For some strange reason I can not connect to my wireless router I have spoken to the provider and they think that my configuration has changed some how but I do not know how to find out if they have changed and if they have to put them back to the way they were. I have a VGN-FS285H please help as need internet

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi tiggersprings and welcome to CV!

we may need some more info from you regarding whaich router you have.

In the meantime have you tried logging in to your router through a browser and seeing if anything has changed in there? (eg a passkey?)

drinkfeckarse
Visitor

could try 'pluging in' to the router via the wired connection, at least to look at the settings and maybe change them

Yonaz
Visitor

For some strange reason I can not connect to my wireless router

I had also problem. Finally I got hold of a friend that is a IT-techie to fix it for me and got it right after some hard work. I don't know exactly what he did but he said that Sony has its own WLAN system and is always a bit tricky to get it right (unless you know what to do).

So sorry but my only suggestion is that you find a techguy to fix it for you...
Good luck

PS. Never more a Sony Vaio piece of shit for me.

Tiggerssprings
Visitor

I have the BT-home hub I have look at the settings for it using the wired connect and nothing has changed BT even did remote access and they reckon that my wireless adaptor in my laptop needs reconfiguring any ideas. Please help i would like wireless access back.

Thank you

kee-lo_

Very helpful of BT that, that could mean many things to us.... *sighs loudly*

dobbyonthemove
Visitor

You may need to temporarily disable all WLAN security, and make the SSID visible to allow you to pick up the settings. Once you can connect then reset security on the WLAN.