Join now - be part of our community!

I SEARCH A VRU FRENCH VERSION FOR VAIO PCV-W2

MOLGAT
Visitor

I SEARCH A VRU FRENCH VERSION FOR VAIO PCV-W2

Please help me.

I bought my W2 in germany but I need to use a french version. Sony support told me that such a French VRU is not sold by the company.

I need French VRU so that being able to later upgrade from french XP Home VRU to French XP Pro (I need all the original Vaio softwares in french version)

Mail christophe.molgatini@tinicom.net

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

But you can download the drivers etc. which are in english. And they works.

Use this Link:

http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/downloads.asp?l=de

Click Treiber und Patches. Then you must type in the Product and Seriel number. Look at the backsite of your VAIO. There is a sticker with a number like.

12345678 1234567

Then you can download the drivers. But you must do that with your VAIO.
And yes, you can use only use SonicStage and PictureGearStudio. The other software which came with your VAIO is on the recovery DVD. And you can't download this software.

As an IT consultant, I will tell all my customers NOT TO BUY A SONY COMPUTER.

I can agree a little bit. But I wouldn't say that generally.:smileycool:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yes I would love to see Windows being more multilingual, if I take my PC to live in Paris I would expect it to be en Francais but no, il faut acheter le XP en France.... silly MS

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

BTW: You could buy a multi lingual Windows XP.

For german users for example by Alternate.
http://www1.alternate.de/html/shop/productDetails.html?artno=YOBMC5&

But it's only a system builder version. But it would sounds interesting, if you work with different languages.

kee-lo_

Very cool :cool:

p0ttyp1g30n
Visitor

Hi kee-lo,

I'm in the same ballpark as MOLGAT, but I own an RA104 bought in Italy that I'd like to have in good ol' plain ENGLISH!

Translations made to the Sony SW are (to say the least) HORRIBLE!
Since I saw you come from UK, do you think you could have access to an RA104 VRU in your language?
I think that it would not be any copyright infringment to copy such a disk to someone... in the end I already gave Sony (A LOT! of) money...

Andrea

kee-lo_

It's linked to the BIOS code, so I can't copy it for you.
Even if it was I can't do that - it's a stupid thing to ask for copies on an official site.
They can EASILY link your username to your registration and send people to your home.

p0ttyp1g30n
Visitor

First: I didn't know the bios story;
Second: Let me restate that I'M NOT TRYING TO "STEAL" anything! I ALREADY gave Sony my money. What I'm looking for is REAL SUPPORT!!! Sony doesn't provide it? Well I'm JUST asking for HELP by the forum members.
If it's not technically feasible (as you pointed out), that's ok with me. Another good reason to stop buying Sony stuff, but I'd be a little more cautious about "stupid" things! I repeat: I only need SUPPORT (what this site and forum are meant for). With your reply you're making me look like a pirate (that I'm NOT!).
If Sony would ever send people to my home I'd offer them a good italian coffee showing them how much of their monthly wage is paid for by people like me... Aficionados of a brand name that are slowly realizing how badly they've spent their money!!!

Andrea

kee-lo_

Sorry I didn't mean to offend - if I am seen as helping with a piracy problem I could be in serious bother, specially as the admins have my address !

I understand your frustration - I really wish I could help, but can't. The only people that can help is Sony

p0ttyp1g30n
Visitor

OK...
Never mind... I'll try the "corporate" way, but I seriously doubt I'll be able to even speak to someone that would know how to manage my issue!
Anyway, if you'd ever stomp on any solution (i.e. talk to a sony customer service rep that can suggest anything) let me know. I'm keeping this thread watched.

Andrea

kee-lo_

LOL I don't work for Sony

Honestly, they know about missing recovery disks. They get enough calls about it LOL