Join now - be part of our community!

KEYBOARD ERROR

WardA
Visitor

KEYBOARD ERROR

Hi. I have a PCV 1W/G. Several keys on the keyboard are not working, and i have to use the on-screen keyboard as a work around. It is very annoying!

Have checked for virii - none. Have tried to update drivers (two are showing - HID and standard) - latest version. Have cleaned keyboard - clean.

Please help!!!!!!

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HITS-UK
Visitor

How long have you had this PC?

WardA
Visitor

purchase date was Nov 2003...

HITS-UK
Visitor

OK just wanted to be sure she's not in warranty.

Which keys are not working? The chances are that the keyboard itself is faulty and that will entail a chargeable repair at Sony's repair centre as Sony will not release parts to non-authorised repair agents.

WardA
Visitor

Undertstood...

Keys that don't respond when stroked are
q
s
p
x
/
CTRL both sides
]

Have also tried to reset bio settings as well?

HITS-UK
Visitor

Sorry, this does sound like a solid keyboard fault and it should be repaired by Sony.

One thing I have done with mine is to use a Bluetooth keyboard which at least minimises the use of the built-in system.

Open a case with e-Support to get a case number and then get it sorted out.

Let us know roughly what it costs - it would be useful to know.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I guess a cheap solution is a USB keyboard.

HITS-UK
Visitor

Unfortunately the W1 and W2 has an integrated keyboard on a hinge and central splitter. When fully closed the PC goes into Sound Mode and when in Split Keyboard mode, it is a video system. The keyboard for these is VERY integrated. I just the Bluetooth system for the heavy-duty typing as I did not want to see the PC collapse from all the work - then the DVD drive went south!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah I did guess the keyboard had a huge part to play with the W series.