Join now - be part of our community!

If you are planning to buy a Sony Be Warned

profile.country.GB.title
blforde
Explorer

If you are planning to buy a Sony Be Warned

Having used PC's over a number of years I had the misfortune of recently purchasing a VGN-C2S.
From day one it has been a disaster. Virtually each logon results in a blue screen, this then follows a series of safe mode starts which can take up to an hour.It frequently fails in the middle of transaction loosing all data. Its been back to the Sony shop but to no avail so far, its going back again this weekend.

In hindsight I should have gone for Dell or IBM as I have had work models and in my experience they never fail.

3 REPLIES 3
Sebby
Visitor

In fairness, I think your notebook must have a hardware fault as this is certainly not the norm.

But, what I would say to potential buyers is that Sonys are not the high quality systems they once were, and Sony support leaves a lot to be desired. I don't feel Sony's are worth paying a premium anymore.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Did you do the full restore before sending it back? This does sound a bit more software related, but as there's very little to play with it's hard to say.

profile.country.GB.title
blforde
Explorer

Just to keep you up to date.

Took it back to the Sony store week end before last. They promised to have to examined by Sony and would have an answer by last Friday (12th). Heard nothing so went to the store on Saturday only to discover it was somewhere in Belgium, apparently that is where their repair centre is. Don't know when I am going to get a response let alone see my PC.

Just to reiterate what I said in my first post 'buying Sony can seriously effect your life' and not for the better.

You have been warned.