Join now - be part of our community!

im stupid i know

DUMBO
Visitor

im stupid i know

HELP!!!

How do i get hold of a recovery disk for the K415B...i havent made one :slight_frown:

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Eugenepang
Visitor

you will had to buy one, contact vaio support, its cost about 70euro

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Do you have deleted the hidden partition?

If not, I have heard if you click F10 if you can see the VAIO logo, (at system boot) then it starts the program for burning of the rec. DVDs.

HTH

DUMBO
Visitor

Thank you for replying

Im completely unusure whats been deleted, some software i didnt want was uninstalled....however i think i needed it, Seb do you mean when i start the system up i should press F10? im sorry im completely computer illitrate :smileyblush:

Your help means a lot...thank you so much]

seb21__
Visitor

Seb do you mean when i start the system up i should press F10? 

Yes, that's what I mean.:smileyhappy:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

When you turn on hold F10 until a menu appears, you should then be able to make DVDs or recover Windows.

DUMBO
Visitor

Ok thanks a lot, i'll give it a go

It was the shop that i bought it from that deleted the software, im in t he middle of telling then that if i cant restore, then they'll have to either buy a disc for me OR give me a new laptop...ive only bought it on Sunday :smirk:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Ok thanks a lot, i'll give it a go

It was the shop that i bought it from that deleted the software, im in t he middle of telling then that if i cant restore, then they'll have to either buy a disc for me OR give me a new laptop...ive only bought it on Sunday :smirk:

Yeah you tell them, thats terrible service messing with the computer, that should be your choice not theirs.

DUMBO
Visitor

I've managed to burn a recovery disc, but unsure if that holds all the original information..does anyone know how i find that out please ?

Failing to understand why i only have 22GB, HDD C has 13.9GB with 6.25 free and HDD D has 16.2 with 16.1 free.....wheres the other 10GB ? it stated when i bought it that i had 40GB

Also ( i know its a different matter sorry) does anyone now what i use to clean the black lcd screen....

Many thanks again :slight_smile:

And im sorry to be a pain :smileyblush:

seb21__
Visitor

That is the hidden partition. There are the files from the recovery DVD. You could delete this partition. But try wheter your recovery DVD works.

Make a systemrecovery only on drive C:. If it works then you could delete this partition. (you must make a complete systemrecovery).

But I would burn a Copy of the recovery DVD before.