Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V2S bug ?

rmfacke
New

VGC-V2S bug ?

Hello, as i told you in a previous post i've just bought a VAIO VGC-V2S desktop computer.

I've got some bad trouble with it. Working, i often get a very bad news blue screen (not the WinXP one) and the computer stop working, i need to plug it out in order to reboot.

I'm wondering if this could be linked to a weird message i got the first time i boot the computer. Putting the computer out of the box i press the power button and i got twice an error message indicating that the CPU 1FAN is not working properly and the machine didn't want to make it first start... on the third boot trial it worked... so i decided to keep the computer... do you think i should send it back ?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

If the Fan not works, then the CPU would overheat. That's you why the PC shot down i a blue screen. It's a emergency shotdown which came from the mainbord for protecting the CPU.

Yes you must send your VAIO back. I think it's a manufacturing fault, it's in warranty. I wouldn't pay for the repair.

HITS-UK
Visitor

Send it back, no repair, no messing - this is a faulty piece of equipment that is simply plain broke.

Akanksha
Visitor

Oh yes definitely. Save yourself the troubles until problems show up later(out of warranty) :tongue:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Did you manage to find some repairs Akanksha?

Akanksha
Visitor

No, been too busy holidaying. Smuggled some CDs in from UK, but my CD player doesn't work.
Before I left though, called the sony centre to find the CD player for whatever charges, no calls returned!
*scoffs*

Will try doing the drivers again tonight, somehow I am hoping that will make a difference!

kee-lo_

Good luck

rmfacke
New

OK, i'll follow your advices.

I guess the two recovery DVD i've burn will still be ok ?

kee-lo_

I think you might have to make a new set, something you need to ask the engineer when he's finished up with the VAIO