Join now - be part of our community!

Installing Drivers

profile.country.en_GB.title
mark.magill
Visitor

Installing Drivers

Guys having just clean my FE11S and installed my own copy of Windows XP Pro can someone tell me how to install the following drivers? Its driving me mad!

Alps Touch Pad Driver
SATA Driver

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would just download and install a fresh version of the Alps Drivers and Control Utility from HERE

Your SATA drivers must be installed OK or you would not have been able to install a new operating system. These drivers need to be installed by pressing F6 at the first XP-Pro setup screen. If they are not installed you will get a 'Hard Disc not found' message.

:wink:

szilvia
Visitor

Hey, have a look at this: http://esupport.sony.com/EN/osmig/xpclean.html

I installed my old stripped windows xp sp2, downloaded the drivers and utilities from sony, then I followed the instructions found in the site i linked above, and my vaio tx2 works fine, just as before! (except the cpu control, but i will start a new thread for my problem)

szilvia
Visitor

but to answer your specific problem, i installed the alps driver as follows:

went to control panel -> system -> device manager
then i selected 'ps2 mouse' in the 'mice and and other poining devices' section, right clickd on it, then chose update driver.
i chose 'install it from a specific location', then i pointed the folder where i saved the alps driver before.

i hope i could help you.

ps.: i dont have a sata driver,so i dont know, how to install it.