Join now - be part of our community!

intel core i5 question

SOLVED
profile.country.ro_RO.title
razvan_1719
New

intel core i5 question

Hello, I have a sony vaio laptop VPCEB3S1E model to be exact and it is equiped with a intel core i5 processor. The laptop is about one year old but just recently I found out that i5's have a internat graphics card, and sincer the mobility radeon 5650 card is perfect for games, it's pretty much of a power eater when it comes to batery autonomy. So my question is how can I switch to that on board video card and disable the dedicated radeon one ? Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi razvan_1719.

This is not possible.

Unless Intel HD Graphics are listed in the Vaio's specifications, Sony will have completely disabled the CPU graphics capability.

:slight_frown:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi razvan_1719.

This is not possible.

Unless Intel HD Graphics are listed in the Vaio's specifications, Sony will have completely disabled the CPU graphics capability.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.ro_RO.title
razvan_1719
New

I did some research myself in the meantime and found out that most laptop manufacturers simply don't wire it, it's there, but it's not connected, and i'm guessing connecting it might screw something up and would be very hard to do even for a professional. That just sucks and it should be allowed...since I'm paying for a i5 processor I expect all the performance that comes with that processor...

profile.country.en_GB.title
mydearcosmo
Visitor

Your core i5 works best as a processor. Even if it has an internal GPU, it still works along with your processor. That is why you still have a Radeon GPU inside your laptop for you to use and you cannot actually change it that easy. I am also not sure if it is possible even in desktop computer.