Join now - be part of our community!

Win 7 64 bit,

profile.country.sv_SE.title
ullundb71
Visitor

Win 7 64 bit,

The fan on the computer runs at high speed and a lot of noise most of the time, what is the problem and the solution?

Computer VPCF13M1E

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
peshyxp
Visitor

I believe this is a common issue with this specific model

Having googled it there are some solutions that you may want to try out

Do a search on this forum + google and you should find lots of assistance

I have seen a post by a couple other forum members and have posted one of these below

Hope this helps and let us know how  you get on

VPCF13M1E/H fan noise.

The  VPCF11 series had this problem which was addressed by a BIOS Update but  I would expect this to have been fixed on newer models.

It  may be that processes are running in the background that would cause  the fan to provide more cooling - something like the Windows Indexing  Service will run for some time with a new Vaio as it indexes the search  of the hard drive.  Have a look in Task Manager -> Performance to see  if the CPU is working on a background process when the fan increases  speed.

There is a 'How to troubleshoot fan noise' on the support pages for your model but it may not be the help you need:

http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instranet/ccil_sony/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=29726&l=en_GB&m=VPCF...

If you believe the fan noise is excessive then I would contact Vaio Support and ask their advice.