Join now - be part of our community!

Internet Hangs on Windows XP Proffessional...

aimen
Visitor

Internet Hangs on Windows XP Proffessional...

Hi,

I have a k215M, and it came with XP home Edition... i bought XP Proffessional installed it.. updated it with Service Pack 2 and the internet wont run... properly.. e.g when i enter a URL it waits for about some time and then it gets the page very quickly... similarly on a webpage if i click on some link it does the same... where as if i do the same thing on XP home it works perfectly... with no problems...

what do i do?

10 REPLIES 10
TygerTyger
Visitor

Go to www.download.com and search out Ad-aware Personal SE, Spybot Search and Destroy and scan your computer with those. Then give it the once over with your virus scanner. This sounds like the classic work of spyware to me.

William
Visitor

Could be caused by all of the security enhancements included in SP2 - Or did you have this problem pre SP2?

William

aimen
Visitor

Hi,

I will check it with the spyware software, I am not sure when it happened because as soon as i installed winxp proffessional... the first thing i did before connecting to the internet was download the update (xp service pack 2) on my pc and update it on my laptop.. so i dont know it is happening before or after... one thing is for sure... it happens both with Dial up internet and Broadband... for now i will check the spyware thing.. if it aint helping i will post again...

aimen
Visitor

nopes.. it isnt working... tried everything... its not working... have any clue what to do next? i suppose it could be a problem with one of the security updates.. but how the hell do i solve this issue... its really making me go bonkers

TygerTyger
Visitor

Well you could always uninstall SP2 I suppose and see for yourself if that's the problem, although I don't know if you would have to download it all again. Do you have all the latest drivers? A lot do need updating when you have SP2.
They may be at www.vaio-link.com although Sony's drivers are pretty dated. You may want to try the manufacturers website where applicable.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Thats quite an odd problem indeed.
I would suggest turning off XPs firewall and using Zone Alarm.
Also reinstall SP2.

TygerTyger
Visitor

It's very odd because if it was one of the security features like firewall it shouldn't work at all, not just work a bit slower.

BigGrecian
Visitor

My 215z also hangs on using the internet as well. Think its a SP2 problem.

aimen
Visitor

Damn 😞 i will have to re install all my osftwares again... when i un install the bloody SP2 .. it shows me all my softwares.. and says... they wont work after un install...

i am not a big FAN of SP2 now...

anywayz guyz thanx i will tell you guys if it starts wroking again