Join now - be part of our community!

DEAD PIXEL

gemartin
Visitor

DEAD PIXEL

I have had my sony vaio k215m for just three weeks and all ready have a dead pixel. I thought i was buying a top quality product with the best spec X BLACK screen, i am very dissapointed.

13 REPLIES 13
TygerTyger
Visitor

Oh man I am sorry, you're the second person in a day to report this. It sounds like you already know the screen won't be replaced for just one pixel so I'm afraid there is really very little anyone can do.
It's a very very good screen normally, you just had the worst luck. Hopefully after you get over wanting to crack Sony's skulls you won't notice it too much.

gemartin
Visitor

I know it very annoying, I decided to go for this laptop over others purley based on the xblack wide screen so its ironic that this has happened.

Do you have an email address for sony compalints??

Grant

TygerTyger
Visitor

Not complaints as such, although www.vaio-link.com has all their contact numbers. I think they are only support numbers though. I feel sorry for you cos it's about the most annoying problem a laptop could have but I don't think you will get anything other than a sorry. Replacing a screen only for more than one or two dead pixels is industry standard and it would be the same for any other company. It's very unfortunate that you have to take a gamble in a way when you buy a laptop that this won't happen.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I have had my sony vaio k215m for just three weeks and all ready have a dead pixel. I thought i was buying a top quality product with the best spec X BLACK screen, i am very dissapointed.

Sadly this technology has a habbit of developing dead pixels, it's part of it's makeup.

If it's a lot of dead pixels it can be changed by Sony, but if it's less than 10 I wouldn't bother as they will turn you down.

gemartin
Visitor

i completely understand with what you are saying, but I think this is complete <profanity removed by moderator>. with the amount of money Sony makes they should replace FAULTY goods. I will phone Sony tomorrow and update you on what the situation is.

Grant:smileycry:

kee-lo_

I agree, but they probably feel it's counter-productive :slight_frown:

TygerTyger
Visitor

I don't think the problem is that they disagree it's faulty...it obviously is. I think it's more economic, screens are by far the most expensive part of a laptop, so replacing them for one single dead pixel would add a lot onto their expenses. They would only pass the costs onto us anyway, the computers would be more expensive.

kee-lo_

LCDs are generally expensive, even on desktops.

gemartin
Visitor

so basically you are saying that the consumer has to pay the price for faulty hardware, the warranty is worthless.

what right do sony have to say, only 1 pixel not good enough, but thanks for your cash.

the main issue for me is the position of this dead pixel, do you know if position counts towards weather or not you get a replacement?????

Grant