Join now - be part of our community!

JS1E graphics

andvivia7
New

JS1E graphics

So I've bought myself a Vaio all in one - the VGC-JS1E. This model in particular because I love the design - its a very compact all in one perfect for my small desk. And I absolutely love the keyboard, its brilliant, much better than the other sony all in ones. The tech spec was good too - decent processor, large HDD, good amount of RAM and lovely screen.

The only problem was the graphics card - the Intel X4500. Its such a shame as it is really is way below the standard of the rest of the components, and will be a big bottleneck for 3D performance. I do like to play games - doesnt have to be Crysis, got an Xbox for shooters, but I'd still like to get the best out of this computer as I can. It should handle World of Warcraft OK and Civ4, but what about the upcoming Diablo 3?

If anyone has any tips on how to maximise gfx performance, I'd love to hear them. thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi MuppetThumper and welcome to Club Vaio.

I think you have to accept that the X4500 handles everyday graphics needs very well for most all-in-one users but does not pretend to be a hardcore graphics GPU. If you don't accept this up-front you are going to be constantly disappointed.

Intel put this on their website "These graphics enhancements deliver the performance and compatibility you need for entertaining, everyday gameplay for the most popular game titles."

:thinking:

andvivia7
New

Hi there and thanks for your reply.

Don't worry, I'm not going to expect too much. When I was shopping around for a new PC I couldn't find everything I wanted in one package so knew there would be a compromise somewhere.

I'm just asking what can be done to push the JS1E to the best of its ability - I'll be happy with that. So for example if there is an ideal setting for amount of RAM that should be allocated to the Intel gfx card, stuff like that.

Cheers.