Join now - be part of our community!

Just got a Pocket Vaio, upgrading from my ipod...

Dinalli
Visitor

Just got a Pocket Vaio, upgrading from my ipod...

Yup i ditched my 40gb ipod in favor of a vaio pocket.

Having been used to itunes etc and easy syncing, im a bit dismayed its taken almost 2 days to transfer my music accross !!!

Okay ive updated all the firmware in that time etc too.

So i have a couple of questions for those in the know.

1) Why do i seem to have 3/5 copies of the same song in sonic stage, is there a nice utility to remove these. As it will soon fill up my hard drive.

2) Cover art, i think i may have solved this one, or at least made it easier, by using a 3rd party app to get the art, if these are added to the directoy does SS/ VP pick these up.

Thats it for now Im sure i will have more later.

cheers

7 REPLIES 7
Gazza13
Visitor

Well done on the change to VP:smileyapplause:

In answer to 1) I had a similar problem as you regarding multiple copies of the same album. In my case I found that I actually had mutliple copies lurking throughout different directories! Simply deleting the extras in SS sorted it out. I'm not sure whether this is your problem or not.

In answer to 2) Many people use 3rd party software to add the art work. Personally I use Musicmatch Jukebox 10. There isn't a problem with this art work in SS or on the VP. Although I did have some problems with this using the Vaio Music Transfer program. Many other people get the art from Amazon/google searches etc.. and then use SS to add them to the music files.

Dinalli
Visitor

Okay i seem to have a few issues here and could apprecaite some help now.... ive tried for 2 weeks to solve them.

1) I dont seem to have multiple copies of tracks yet sonic stage/vp tells me i do. For instance it says i have 4/5 copies of each song, making a 10 track cd into 40 tracks which takes up space. Anyone else had this problem or is my only choice to re import 35 gb worth of music. Im sorry but in this respect itunes wins hands down so far.

2) as for the player, is there a quick way to scroll the list of artisits etc, for example it takes 5 mins to reach artisits in the v,w,x,y & zs.

3)Even if im not using the player it will lose power, sometimes 3-4 days with it switched off and when i return its flat battery

and finally

4) how can i create a multiple playlists for which ever mood im in

stix
Visitor

I can help with number 2 above.... when browsing artists, you can change the sort order from A-Z to Z-A with the second from bottom button on the left hand menu.

mine seems not to lose power over time though... although i have to say i haven't managed more than a day or two without using it!!!

Not sure about playlists... and haven't had any trouble with multiple tracks, but I'm still in the process of ripping my CDs.

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

another way to scroll quickly is to use the top and bottom buttons on the left when you're browsing, it scrolls through very very quickly then. Try disconnecting the headphones when you're not using your VP, I don't have a problem with the battery but from what other people have said it may be to do with having the earphones connected

Conor456
Visitor

a word about cover art - i used music label which was excellent for filling up mp3 tags however i found that if i used the coverart it found from amzon the resolution didnt look right on the vp display. i use hmv.co.uk because i think covers from there look way better than from amzon, however i reckon if you use connect.com for coverart it would be close to the best possible

HeartOfDarkness
Visitor

Hi dinalli

About 3 and 4:

3/ It's a known issue with the Vaio pocket. Just like the iPod G3, its battery will discharge even if turned off. Only one thing can solve this: putting it back on its craddle whenever you can (I know it's a pain);

4/ Only five playlists are available on the Vaio Pocket (although maybe Sonic Stage 3.1 changes that, I just installed it and am not yet done working it inside and out). That's very few indeed.... 😕 Although the good thing is, all five are "on the go" (small compensation).... :-S

Speedbird223
Visitor

I found the best, and probably least techical way to get artwork onto the VP was to create a photo folder and save artwork from Amazon/Google Images etc into it. Then go through each album playing it and go to Photo Viewer and add the art work that way.