Join now - be part of our community!

K115S Drivers

TygerTyger
Visitor

K115S Drivers

Hi....
I was wondering if anyone knew where i could get drivers for the K115s 54mbs Wifi card? The driver is provided by Atheros (i think) but i can't find out anywhere even what the card model number actually is. That would be a start if anyone could help. The only reason i ask is because the performance is dismal even at close range with an excellent signal. In the windows task manager network utilization is listed at a high of around 10% if that...even when doing something like copying a large file which should have a reasonably consistantly high transfer rate. So if anyone could help with that issue i'd appreciate it.
Also does anyone know how/where i can get updated drivers for the onboard Mobile 9200 Radeon card? An earlier post referred to the Ati site but it quite clearly states that drivers are OEM provided. Anyone who plays games will know that driver updates are pretty important and mine are dated pre Xmas. All help appreciated thank you

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

www.vaio-link.com

TygerTyger
Visitor

:smileygrin: aha brilliant thank you i see the Wireless LAN one is there now....but the Radeon drivers still seem to be AWOL unless im being really blind....?

kee-lo_

No, the ATi drivers don't seem to be there :slight_frown:

TygerTyger
Visitor

Nah they ain't there.....I'm trying to find a simple email address for Sony to ask them but i can't find one for the life of me. Their support site keeps insisting that i'm either not registered or that my serial number isn't valid and their 'Register' link just sends me back to the Club Vaio homepage.....Help! This is turning into an intensely frustrating experience just to download a driver.

Titane
Visitor

ATI drivers are available here

tellingd
Visitor

ATI drivers are available here

I take it that you are saying that Sony officially endorse and fully support any drivers downloaded from that page????

TygerTyger
Visitor

Close but no cigar....

http://www.ati.com/support/products/pc/laptops/index.html

It's definitely up to Sony but I can't find the drivers anywhere on their sites or even get in touch by email cos their registration thingy doesn't work.

I'm just trying to find the updated driver lol how difficult can it be.....:smileyconfused: