Join now - be part of our community!

k115z

majik
Visitor

k115z

Hi
i have a k115z. bought last may from aqn internet company who have disappeared:smileysad:
last week it crashed. seemed as if the hard drive had gone by the noise it was making. couldnt get it to do anything except give the message.operating system not found. had to turn it off totally as it locked up. this happened for a few days then...........windows appeared and i got .checking file system on c - 1 disk needs checking for consistency

after a couple of goes at this it haas resumed normal service

any ideas ? please

3 REPLIES 3
TygerTyger
Visitor

Well it may just have been a couple of important sectors that went bad. If your computer is now working fine again I'd just cross your fingers and hope for the best, I don't believe that Sony will exchange your hard drive for a new one unless it has actually broken down, so there is not much you can do. It can however be the first sign of a hard drive on its way out, so you may or may not want to consider an extended warranty (although if only the hard drive breaks in the next 2 years then it would have been cheaper not to have got one). Remember if you do want a warranty then you must buy it within a year of buying your computer.

It doesn't really matter that the internet company is gone, you would just send it direct to Sony anyway.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I would call VAIO Link today and have it repaired before the warranty runs out

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

You could try this:

1. Click Start > Run
2. Type in:

CMD

Press enter.

3. At the CMD Prompt type this in (bleow) then press enter.

CHKDSK C: /F /R /X

Type in Y and press enter to accept.

4, Click Start > Turn Off Computer > Restart

5. CHKDSK will now scan your hard disk and correct any errors it detects.

The F switch does a forceful repair, the X switch dismounts the volume, and the R switch recovers bad or unreadable data.

I would then contact VAIO-Link quickly if it relapses any further and make a swift backup of the hard disks data.