Join now - be part of our community!

Laptop freezing for no obvious reason.

profile.country.en_GB.title
rogower46
Visitor

Laptop freezing for no obvious reason.

I've had my laptop (VPCF13C5E) since about the middle of february now. I've already had to send it back once to get the screen replaced because it was faulty, Now it has started to freeze randomly for no reason that I can see... I'm not running any particularly intense programs or anything like that. Sometimes when it happens it has happened without me even touching it for example I was burning a DVD and it must have frozen during the middle of it as I noticed that the time left had not changed for a while. Other times it seems like I simply go to move the mouse and for a split second it moves then everything freezes and the only way to do anything about it is to turn the laptop off using the power button. After restarting I check the Event Log for anything that might give a clue as to what the problem is, but there is nothing listed for the times that it freezes...

Does anyone have any ideas as to problems... or should I just send it back to sony to get them to fix it.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
bevcrook
Explorer

I'm having this problem as well. In addition, my laptop will freeze and programmes will show 'Not responding' if I have been away from the laptop for more than a couple of minutes.

I have tried defragging, Disk cleanup, registry cleanup, history and cache clearout, virus and spyware check (clean) and none of these things have helped.

I sometimes get a Norton message pop up saying that svchost is using a lot of system memory, I don't know if this could be related to the problem?