Join now - be part of our community!

Latest 3rd Party Laptop Graphics Drive

TygerTyger
Visitor

Latest 3rd Party Laptop Graphics Drive

There's a lot of people asking for graphics drivers lately (Half-Life 2 having something to do with it no doubt :smileygrin:) and of course Sony don't update theirs.

So at your own risk, I can point you in the direction of this driver here. It's more like 4th party even than 3rd party, however it is much more recent than the current Omega Drivers and Half-Life 2 optimised. The only reason I suggest this over Omega Drivers is because the OD currently on their site messed my computer up a fair bit, whereas the one I linked to has worked without a hitch, with the added bonus of being newer. It also does not include overclocking facilities, which is a disastrous idea in a laptop.

So, at your own risk and create a system restore point first. But really, if you need recent drivers you have no choice.....

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Good post Tyger, hopefully we'll get less questions.

SANTA
Visitor

Did the driver solve those pixel-flickering and flashing problems during 3d-Games for anybody ?!

Sorry, but,... i don't need especially play HL2 or any other up to date game, i only wanna play ANY game without those irritating pixels appearing after a few minutes. ...

So if anybody else can recommend this driver pls let me know. Post it here or send me a mail, thanx!

:slight_smile:

Woody27
Visitor

TT,

Thanks for that, I'm going to give that driver a try (see if it's better than the Omega one)!

I don't think questions relating to graphics drivers will ever go away, until Sony finally decide to do something about it.

I'm not holding my breath! :thermometer_face:

CW

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Cheers TT, I also had problems with Omega Drivers so when I feel brave I'll try the ones you suggest on the K115B and hope its not the last time I use it:smileylaugh:

K-tch
Visitor

Thx for the post.

I'll give this driver a try as well.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Well Half Life 2 arrived today so I guess I'll give the drivers a whirl and mention any problems.

I've only played it for 45 minutes so far, but I have seen zero corruption, flickering or anything of the kind on this driver with a Mobility 9200. It looks immaculate. Now if only it would run well enough to be really good :smileycry:/

K-tch
Visitor

When I try to install the TC maganzine driver, i get an error msg saying "graphics chip not supported".

I have an pcg fr415m wich has a Radeon igp 345m chip

I'm now trying the omega one, not the latest beta, but the version before that.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah I think the Omega is more suited to that chip.

SANTA
Visitor

The driver doesn't solve my problems ...
Still this flashing pixels after a few minutes ...
really don't know what to do now ... :cry: :cry: :cry: