Join now - be part of our community!

Strange Message

marilyno
Visitor

Strange Message

When I tried to use the e-support of Vaio link using my browser AOL V8 I got the following message

The XML Page cannot be displayed cannot view XML imput using style sheet please correct the error. Switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported. It ONLY affects the e-support link and no other part of the vaio link page and ONLY when I use AOL if I switch to Internet Explorer V.6 I can access the e-support site with no problems. Can anyone tell me 1. What the message means 2.How can I correct it.
3. What is an XML page? What is style Sheet? I have contacted AOL they could not help I have also contacted e-support they were unable to solve the mystery either. My Vaio is a PCG-V505BP are there any other owners out there as I never see this model mentioned in the forum? Can anyone tell me how to insert one of the smiles or post icons into the message? I have put one in the subject box but don't know how to put one in the message body part of the post.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

XML is used as a sort of database without getting too technical and stylesheets are used to make pages like these look like they are now.

No stylesheet = dull pages.

I suggest using Firefox from www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ it's better than AOL - the browser by AOL is cut down and doesn't understand new technologies.

marilyno
Visitor

Hello Kee- if AOL is cut down why is it that a) I don't have problems with other websites and b) why is it only the e-support PART of the vaio website that it affects and no other part? how do I switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported as it asks me to do?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Not sure, but I know VAIO Link does some background stuff.