Join now - be part of our community!

LATEST VIAO UPDATE SIGMATEK AUDIO CODEC STOPS MY SOUND!

particle1000
Visitor

LATEST VIAO UPDATE SIGMATEK AUDIO CODEC STOPS MY SOUND!

Someone help me! :tongue:

I installed the latest set of updates from SONY and there was one that required a manual update, so it was downloaded to the C:\updates file.

Once I installed it, I could no longer hear sound from the build in speaker or from the head phone socket.

I think theres some kind of conflict going on between the realtek audio driver and this sigmatek codec.

Model: VGN-AR51J

I know its not a windows problem, as according to the windows media player or realplayer, sound is coming out - even on the sound option in the control panel window, the little bar indicator shows sound coming out.

Ive tried uninstalling it...ive tried doing a system restore to remove it as well.

The system restore wouldnt remove the problem!

The only thing that seemd to work is a full system restore and not installing it, but i might be missing out on some good upgrade there.

ive done that - a full system restore and tried to install this sigmatek audio codec thing again - same thing, so i have no sound coming out and i dont want to do a full system restore again!

Im sure theres a better way, help me please my fellow notebook heads! :slight_smile:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi particle1000,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Have you checked audio settings have not been reset to factory defaults.?

To change the default audio settings, do the following..

Click Start, then Control Panel.

Click Hardware and Sound, then Manage Audio Devices.

In the sound window click on Playback or Recording tabs to change audio settings..

particle1000
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus

It had reset to factory!

ha raaa sound again, it had set the default sound player as the optical device.

Thanks again.

Particle1000

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome particle1000.. :slight_smile: