Join now - be part of our community!

Like to play DVDs via the Media Server (VAIO: RA104)

brillexy
Visitor

Like to play DVDs via the Media Server (VAIO: RA104)

Hallo,
wouldn´t it be nice to be able to watch your DVDs via the Media Server and stream this to all places, where you have an XP machine or an extender available.
Is a question of a missing Codec? or does it not work at all.
Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

After you to convert the content of DVD with DV Gate for capsules there are no problems.

brillexy
Visitor

Hi,

thanks for the quick response - but what I and a lot of users would expect to just insert the DVD and enjoy the contents. :slight_frown:

Thanks
brillexy

itbroker
Visitor

I never tried this before, but, what i know... is...

You need to convert the file with the DV Gate and after this the "New" file will be free to get with the Giga Pocket Explorer. The GP Explorer give the information to Media Server.... by logic you dont have a chance...

itbroker
Visitor

Ok. You have a chance with New Generation from Tv´s... round 2000 euros, just a cable and the Pop Corn.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi brillexy,

Was disapointed by this too - what do you think of the RA104?

brillexy
Visitor

Hi,

thanks again for your quick feedback, still what I have seen from the Windows Media Center and their extenders, the user does not have to change the DVD into a WMA or any other Windows format to display it via the Media Center.

When I saw the Demo, the television set looked quite normal - and what do you need the pop corn for?

Thanks
brillexy

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah the RA104 would have benefited from Windows Media Centre Edition, but instead we get Windows XP Home!