Join now - be part of our community!

Losing data when trying to burn optical media

Benjaminrm7uk
Visitor

Losing data when trying to burn optical media

Hi

I recently got a Sony VaioVGN-NR38S which was new when I got it. I'm having some problems

when I tried to burn optical media within windows every disk would fail and I lost gigabytes of
data as a result. I thought each disk burned full of data

when I opened the disks again on my Sony they were found to be blank

---

I upgraded my firmware on the drive to the latest version but this didn't fix the problem. please can someone help.

I have severe problems with typing, the text shifts around the screen and is slow to appear on the screen. When i write an email for instance, text I mean to type in inthe main body of the email appears in the subject line.I am very fluent in English with a typing speed of 62WPM, on this computer it isn't even half as fast.

---

My sound cuts out, the recovery disks I made were found to contain errors and couldn't be used, I found this out after I formatted the HDD [wiped it] using Ranish partition manager which wiped clean therecovery partition as well before going to do a reinstall using the recovery disks made. [Had to load a boot manager to to get them to boot. Hence now I am using ubuntu linux and cannot reinstall Windows Vista

the sound cuts off[happens when using youtube] and is only able to work when computer restarted.

These problems as well as the touch pad being unresponsive /unpredictable at time s are not fun

someone help me please, are these problems the reason why this laptop was discontinued?

Benjamin

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi benjaminrm7uk and welcome.

It is going to be difficult to fix your problems without reinstalling Vista.

I suggest you contact Sony Support and tell them that your Recovery Discs were corrupted and ask them to send you a replacement set.

They may try to charge you €35 for the replacements but you should point out that the discs were not created properly so they should waive this fee because the Vaio software was faulty.

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/contacts/contacts.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons

:wink: