Join now - be part of our community!

Love my Vaio already

profile.country.GB.title
clash-city-rocker

Love my Vaio already

Just bought a FS-295XP, and it's great. The hardware is fantastic.

Shame the software is such a major letdown. Upon booting up, I find a system tray that takes up 50% of the screen width, as so much crap s pre-installed. Crap that I don't want, trial versions of Nortons crappy NIS, Trial versions of MS office, Mulltiple IE tootbars (Yahoo and Google), Yahoo IM, BT Broadband, plus all the useless Sony crap they preload.

Whilst I apprecate some people may want some of this, I doubt anyone wants this much crap!

The worst bit however, is there is no XP disk, I am expected to make recovery DVD's from the files on the HDD, and the recovery partition includes all the crap. There is no way to get rid of it (needless to say, as usual, Norton uninstall does not work).

My brand new laptop, I have to borrow a XP Pro disk from my employer (using my licence stuck on the bottom of the laptop), I eventually, after 4 hours. get my laptop to a useable state, XPSP2, with no crud.

Sony, why ruin perfectly good hardware with loading this substandard rubbish? How much does not providing a XP Pro media save? 50p on a £1000 laptop?

Hardware =fantastic
Software= apalling.

3 REPLIES 3
feederfan
Visitor

know how u feel, i got mine re-installed when it was repaired, with norton and microsoft works on, and 20GB of HDD space used!
20gb!!!

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

You can burn your own Windows CD and install Windows then. That fix this problem. How you to do this? Search ClubJames.

But.....

Your Recovery DVD doesn't work in this Windows.

And.....

You have to activate your Windows.

This can be a problem. No idea why. But MS doesn't accept this Copy any more (my copy). I can't activate it.:smileyconfused:

So, I use the crapy installation yet.:smileycow:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Nice to see someone enjoying their VAIO, and posting about it right here.

Kudos to you