Join now - be part of our community!

Mains adaptors

Metalman
Visitor

Mains adaptors

Can anybody help explain the difference between the mains adaptor model VGP ac19v10 and ac19v3. Both are specified as o.k. for my VGN A397xp. Which do I purchase as a spare ?

34 REPLIES 34
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah Rob did give a very satisfactory reply. I think you're going a bit far saying it was a waste of time.

I can understand why you're annoyed at the off topic chat, sorry about that

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Yes, sorry.

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

It's not a good idea to use a power adapter that has a lower power output than the one supplied with the notebook. The notebook will still try to draw the same current from the supply and it could cause system instability or a power supply overheating problem.

It is best to replace the supply with the same model (or equivalent) as the one supplied with the notebook.

Use a power supply with the same voltage but higher power output if the original supply cannot be sourced.

Metalman
Visitor

Thanks for the straight answers

Jay1
Visitor

well dont went to say much but would like to let you know that they could have made a better circuit and revtion but they normaly do this with the same model name. I would get the latest power supply which is recommened for the power supply. as said by ROB get the one with high current.

Circuit do change and you would not know this.