Join now - be part of our community!

MAx CPU Temperature/cooling defective?

Sierra
Visitor

MAx CPU Temperature/cooling defective?

Hi all, just got my vaio FS-315M repairedafter waiting for 3 weeks.. Paid over 400 euros (own fault) to get it fixed.

After comming back from college around 17 hrs I tried testing my repaired vaio to check if everything works ok. Everything works ok EXCEPT that my vaio runs abnormally hot. It didn't feels so hot before and i don't hear a cooling noise .

I checked a mobmeter it says 80°C for cpu temperature thats is abnormal and 33°C for HD. its not stressed when i tried playing WoW it almost went hihgher than 90°C so i closed it asap!!

Does anyone know better tools to check my temp of my vaio or something to check if my cpu colling is actually working.

Its now 18.30 and there support is closed....so going to call them if this is not normal

Anyone know a solution.

a verry dissappointed/frustrated/annoyed customer

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Sierra,

As I am sure you already know theses temperatures are far from normal and you are quite right not to use you notebook as long term damage is inevitable. It would seem that the cooling fan is not functioning or the vents are blocked for some reason – can you hear the fan running?

What was the nature of the repair?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Sierra
Visitor

they replaced my motherboard because of broken audio jack.

and don't think i hear fan running.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If you did it yourself, then check all the cables on the mobo.
If you got Sony to do the repair I'd complain