Join now - be part of our community!

Max memory capacity VGN-A397?

DTolentino
Visitor

Max memory capacity VGN-A397?

Hi everybody.

Recently bought a Vaio VGN-A397 and I'm very happy with it. I want to upgrade my RAM (music production, you can never have enough). When trying to find out the max RAM capacity in different places I get different answers, the retailers website says 1 GB, the printed dokumentation says 2 GB, Sony.style says 1 GB, the specifications on Vaio-Link says 2 GB, and so on.

Does anyone know what is correct or who I should ask at Sony? Has anyone upgraded their RAM? I dont want to bother Vaio-Link by opening a support-case with this if it is not necessary.

With kind regards,
D Tolentino

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

One member fitted 2GB to his VAIO A series and it was fine

VAIO-Link usually have the newest specs - so if they discover it can take 2GB then they let people know

DTolentino
Visitor

I think I'll buy the 1GB extra then, I have got the feeling Vaio-Link should know what they're talking about in technical matters. Also the printed specification should be correct as i think it is more legally binding than electronic information.

I will try to install the RAM and let you know how it worked if anyone else would try to upgrade.

By the way I'm very pleased with my VGN-A397, has worked perfectly except for some small issues that are solved now. I strongly recommend it, costs about 700 euros less (in Sweden)than the successor VGN-A497 and has alomst everything it has so it's great value too, although it's a lot of money (about 1900 euros)

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah if I hadn't got the RA104, my second choice was an A series.

Good luck with the RAM, thats going to be one sweet machine