Join now - be part of our community!

Missing songs/albums

constantine_jk
Visitor

Missing songs/albums

I connected my VP to the PC and SS found that there were a few songs and complete albums from the library that were not in the VP. Well, this is impossible as I haven't added any new albums. This has happend twice so far :smileyhypnotized:

Has anyone came across with this problem?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
constantine_jk
Visitor

hmmm, no comments which means that I am the only one that have came across with this problem. It is very strange.

The second time that it happend, I had left the VP off for a week and when I tried to turn it on, it wouldn't. Then I charged it and it was fine.

When it happend the first time though, it had over 50% battery charge......

Anyway, does anyone know at least what happens if say I don't charge my VP for 2-3 weeks? Is everything erased?

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

It shouldn't be, as a hard drive is magnetic storage (which means it doesn't need power to retain data). Settings, which are lost when the VP has been unpowered for long enough, are stored in flash memory, which does lose data without power. I haven't noticed anything like you mention, but I haven't connected my VP to SonicStage for a long time, and I wouldn't notice a couple of missing albums until I tried to find them anyway (I have around 4500 tracks on my VP at the moment)

mvanwambeke
Visitor

The only thing that I could think of that could cause this, is that after the transferring some tags of the Mp3's are not recognized any more by SS, therefore he says that this album is not on there any more.

Or maybe by unwillingly pressing the del button on the VP while use...

I have not experienced something like that myself, I must admid

constantine_jk
Visitor

The only thing that I could think of that could cause this, is that after the transferring some tags of the Mp3's are not recognized any more by SS, therefore he says that this album is not on there any more.

It is not possible to deleete songs from th VP directly, but ony with SS....as far as I am aware. The songs are all in ATRAC3 format as I don't have have any mp3s....

Thanks

chris_lewis
Visitor

SS does occasionally put stuff in the weirdest of places, after my UG to 3.1 there were a huge list of tracks apparently not on my player, now I know everything works I may do a complete new transfer to my player! hopefully it wont take too long, hehe

I am trying to get rid of the playlists at the moment so I only have albums, I think this will work better when transfering.

C

HeartOfDarkness
Visitor

What version of Sonic Stage are you using ? Because when synchronising the library with the Vaio, if it finds a file in the library that does not "look ok" (for whichever reason), it will *not* transfer it, but it will keep it in the transfer queue, and you therefore will be asked if you want to trasfer it each time you'll syunchronise your library and Vaio....