Join now - be part of our community!

Model search

cs7
Visitor

Model search

I own a sony vaio laptop, model PCG-GR114EK (UK model). I would like to know which other model of sony vaio laptops are of similar hardware designs except the UK models(that is 114MK/114SK).

chandan

8 REPLIES 8
mvanwambeke
Visitor

You mean laptops that are sold right now , or that were sold when this computer was released, but in America or Asia?

cs7
Visitor

Thanks for the reply. You got it right, not the present one, but those ones which came at a near time with my model. Actaully I am trying to find out which similar model was released in america or in other countries. I need this information, because I am looking for a repair manual for my laptop. As I couldnot get it, so I am trying to look for the similar models repair manuals.

chandan

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You haven't said what you are trying to repair but you may find this link useful. It gives basic instructions for disassembly, removal of the CPU and video card.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
cs7
Visitor

Thanks for the link. It is of great help.Sorry i simply missed to mentioned the details for repairing. This set (PCG-GR114EK)of mine once fall on the floor. After that one of the RAM slot stopped working and the internal coolling fan also stopped working. To repair this two I don' see any other way out than opening. Is there any other way to repair this two?

Chandan

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You'll need to open it

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I have a GR114SK but I have never actually opened it. I am sure you know that you can access the memory slots from a bay on the underside of the notebook but a DIY repair of a damaged slot is unlikely as these are soldered to the motherboard. You will certainly have to open your notebook to gain access to the cooling fan.
Good luck anyway, let us know how you get on.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
mvanwambeke
Visitor

Here is a link supplied by Sony itself for upgrading memory on a GR computer.
how to input memory
Hope this helps a bit, I don't Sony will supply full manuals for disassembling the computer.

mvanwambeke
Visitor

<a href="http://http://www.vaio-link.com/tutorials/memory/memory.asp?m=457&l=en&ts=p60" target="_blank">how to input memory</a>
quote]

The link does not work , but if you go to www.vaio-link.com to specifications, and there click to link to "max amount of memory"-link, you will get a tutorial about adding memory.