Join now - be part of our community!

Motherboard A7N266-VX Drivers

profile.country.GB.title
steve.baxter
Explorer

Motherboard A7N266-VX Drivers

I am in the process of rebuilding a friends PC which has a A7N266-VX motherboard. From what I can find out this is a Sony motherboard, so could you please help me with a couple of things?

What Sony model number should I use to download & re-install drivers?
What are the pin-outs for the system panel connectors (i.e. PWRBTN, IDELED, etc)?

Any help gratefully received.

TIA

Steve Baxter

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

You should see the model number of your friends Vaio on the casing, it should be something similar to these examples VGN A115B or PCG FR315B, if you post back we may be able to direct you to the correct drivers.. :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
steve.baxter
Explorer

Thanks for prompt response.

I am not really new to Club Viao, having had my A417S notebook for sometime now.

I cannot look for model number as this is a generic machine with this Sony version of the Asus motherboard inside. Therefore I cannot download any drivers to try as I do not have a Product/Serial number.

Through my own tools I think I have narrowed it down to being a PCV-402(CE) - how can I download drivers for this machine?

Thanks again.

Steve Baxter

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Steve,

As far as I know that motherboard is only fitted in one Vaio model - PCV-RS222

Try looking in the Preinstalled Drivers download available HERE

:thinking:

EDIT: Looking at the ASUS WEBSITE there seems to be manuals and driver support for the Asus A7N266-VM but not for the Sony OEM Version.

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
steve.baxter
Explorer

Hi Steve,

As far as I know that motherboard is only fitted in one Vaio model - PCV-RS222

Thanks .. came up with that one as well!

Try looking in the Preinstalled Drivers download available HERE

:thinking:

Tried this too but no use without product/serial number!

:slight_frown:

EDIT: Looking at the ASUS WEBSITE there seems to be manuals and driver support for the Asus A7N266-VM but not for the Sony OEM Version.

:wink:

Mis-read this and flashed BIOS from here but VM not VX!! Oops, surprised it flashed but now machine won't boot at all ... assume corrupt/incorrect BIOS. Tried removing CMOS battery and booting to Award BIOS recovery routine (i.e. boot floppy with flash set in Autoexec.bat). Power comes on momentarily then shuts off, no POST beeps or screen display (but assume this would need std ISA video card).

Where can I get my hands on details for this motherboard? Is there a CMOS clear jumper? Is there a BIOS recovery option? Any other help?

As last resort will have to buy replacement BIOS chip, but should really be recoverable.

:slight_frown: