Join now - be part of our community!

Question about the recovery partition in C: on VGN-AR21M

b_a_k
Visitor

Question about the recovery partition in C: on VGN-AR21M

Hello! I recently bought the AR21M Vaio notebook and when I run the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor on my new notebook, I was advised that Norton Ghost 10 which is preinstalled (90 days trial version) in my laptop will not work properly in Windows Vista and that I should uninstall it before installing Windows Vista. I haven't yet ordered my free copy of Vista, so I don't think I'll have them for the next two months perhaps. Also, when the trial version of Windows Vista ends, I don't think I'm gonna buy a key to continue using it. What I'm trying to ask is whether I am going to have a problem with the recovery partition in my laptop in case I completely uninstall Norton Ghost from my PC, even in Windows XP. I read in a post here that the recovery partitions are created by Sony using Ghost 10. That's why I'm worried I will lose it if I uninstall the program? Could you please help me with that? Of course, I've already created the recovery discs from day 1, but those discs could be lost at any time, right? Wouldn't it be safer if I kept that partition?
Thank you for taking the time to read my message and I hope somebody will help me understand what my options are.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi b_a_k,

The Norton Ghost Trial is completely different to the vaio Recovery Utility..

Your Vaio AR21 has a hidden hard drive recovery partition, when you need to recover your Vaio you just need to follow this guide ..

If you un-install Norton Ghost it will not effect your recovery partition.. :wink:

Dekesh
Visitor

i have an AR11M and have uninstalled norton ghost on the day i got it and as thalamus said it doesnt interfere with the recovery partition at all so dont worry go ahead and uninstall :wink:

b_a_k
Visitor

Thank you, both of you! I guess I'll be saying goodbye to Northon Ghost soon!! lol

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome b_a_k.. :slight_smile: