Join now - be part of our community!

AR21S Audio driver (Vista)

coco15man
Visitor

AR21S Audio driver (Vista)

I have already install the audio driver of vista for my AR21S, but it doesn't work yet :devil: . System says " No Audio Output Device is installed"!!,How should I fix? Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
coco15man
Visitor

Can anyone help?

Resonate
Visitor

Hi coco15man,

Unfortunatly, there is no VISTA driver available for you at this time. Sony are currently in producing such support & will be completly supporting VISTA by march07. there have been alot of cases of people jumping in & installing VISTA & suffering afterwards

Run through my Updated Thread for Updates there is a link within the thread by thalamus which links direct to VISTA drivers & utilites.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I presume you have downloaded the Vista Sigmatel driver from HERE

I think you have to let Vista install its own generic HD driver then go to Device Manager, right-click on the HD Audio and choose Update Driver. Choose to update manually and point the wizard at the directory you have downloaded the driver to.

:thinking:

jnc073
Visitor

I had the same problem as coco15man, but I managed to install the updated audio driver, apparently correctly, by uninstalling the driver and then running the new software downloaded from the sony vista upgrade site (need to do this before rebooting as the old driver will be reinstalled and claim to be up to date).

However, whilst the audio now seems to be correctly installed and appears to have all the functionality, there is no volume. There is the faintest little volume on running a sound test which is only perceptible through earphones (so yes I have checked the mute is off!).

Does anyone have any suggestion as to how to fix this?

I note one or two comments that we should be more patient and wait for Sony to issue full upgrade details and maybe I am impatient. However, I commenced the upgrade in good faith fully expecting it to be straightforward, possibly influenced by the "Vista Capable" sticker on the front of the machine. It is an up to the minute unit and Sony are marketing it as "Vista Premium Ready" - I do not think that the present state of preparedness to support Sony's customers (who have paid in the region of £2,000 for a state of the art machine) is very good at all.

Anyway, any help would be very gratefully received.

jnc

jnc073
Visitor

Aha! it takes the genius of a teenager.

Sound was restored by my son toggling the mute button and the mute control on the sound icon in the task bar - it seemed to be double muted somehow.

jnc

Resonate
Visitor

Aha! it takes the genius of a teenager.

Sound was restored by my son toggling the mute button and the mute control on the sound icon in the task bar - it seemed to be double muted somehow.

jnc

Children they never do stop amazing us LOL Glad you found the temp. problem & soved it :laughing: