Join now - be part of our community!

FE41E XP Sound Driver....

bthomson82
Visitor

FE41E XP Sound Driver....

Hi all, recently acquired a FE41E with Vista installed but had to downgrade to XP so I could run some software for my work. I'm having issues finding any XP drivers for this model on the UK support site since it ships with Vista. The US site has the option to download drivers for either OS but the model number isn't in the list and it wont let me install drivers intended for an other model. So in short, where can I get XP sound drivers for my FE41E!?

Cheers guys

4 REPLIES 4
Resonate
Visitor

Hi all, recently acquired a FE41E with Vista installed but had to downgrade to XP so I could run some software for my work.  I'm having issues finding any XP drivers for this model on the UK support site since it ships with Vista.  The US site has the option to download drivers for either OS but the model number isn't in the list and it wont let me install drivers intended for an other model.  So in short, where can I get XP sound drivers for my FE41E!?

Cheers guys

Hi bthomson82, Welcome to ClubVAIO

I have looked all over on VAIO Support & cannot find any drivers either hopefully a CV Expert may be able to ask for you i am currently looking at GURU 3D for you may be a while so if you want to you can check it out to :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Your Vaio looks very similar in the specificastions to the FE31H.

Have you tried the Preinstalled XP drivers from Vaio-Link for that model?

Check each individual device before installing but your sound chip, graphics card etc seem the same.

:thinking:

bthomson82
Visitor

yeah most things have now installed, the only things without drivers are 'PCI device' and 'USB device' which i assume is the soundcard and maybe the webcam? not to fussed about the webcam but would quite like sound on my new laptop!

the sound driver for the fe31h wouldnt work so still stumped....

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Ah ............ it has just occured to me that XP will be unable to recognise your sound card - you will probably get a 'device not found' message.

Windows XP does not support high definition audio - so it can't see your Sigmatel chip to install the drivers.

Install the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for high Definition Audio (KB888111) first. This allows the sound chip to be recognised. It will then install the drivers.

If you can't find it in the FE31H download - it's usually in c:\drivers\hotfix\KB888111.exe - you can download it from HERE

:wink:

EDIT: By the way .............. Welcome to Club Vaio !!!!

:slight_smile: