Join now - be part of our community!

My Club Vaio Shortcut

profile.country.en_GB.title
jason.b.wallace
Visitor

My Club Vaio Shortcut

Hi guys

I have had my vaio for about a month now and love it!

Just a quick question. My vaio came with various shortcuts on the desktop, one of which is called 'My Club Vaio'. When I double click shortcut an empty box opens up and nothing happens. Any idea what this shortcut is for, how to fix it or why it's doing what it is?

Cheers guys.

Jason

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jason

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Sony has released patch that should fix this problem, use the following link to download the fix: My Club VAIO patch version 1.0

jason.b.wallace
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus

I did what you said and my vaio did open after installation. Thing is when i restarted my computer the shortcut 'my club vaio' is now once again showing the blank box.

Any ideas why this could be?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jason,

the fix usually solves the My Club Vaio problem, you can use Vista system restore to restore to a point before you installed the My Club VAIO patch version 1.0..

Unfortunately, as we have seen before in the past, sometimes the only way to resolve the problem is to run the Vaio recovery utility and restore your Vaio back to the original factory settings.. :slight_frown:

But if your Vaio is working OK then to be honest i wouldn't bother recovering just for the My Club Vaio portal.. :wink:

If you decide to do this make sure you back up all your important data first..

jason.b.wallace
Visitor

Hi Thalamus. Thanks for your help

I have tried a system restore but that didn't work as for some reason system restore would not complete... i tried several different restore points

i have lost the vaio user guides icon and adobe has went funny.

Also as laptop is new and i havent downladed anything yet i think i will go with the factory settings option.

Please advise how to do this

thanks for your help :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Also as laptop is new and i havent downladed anything yet i think i will go with the factory settings option.  

Please advise how to do this

thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Click Start, All Programs, then Vaio Recovery Center..

Click Continue on the User Account Control window

Once the Vaio Recovery Center window opens

Select Restore C: Drive then press Start..

then follow the recovery wizard..