Join now - be part of our community!

My DVD RW DW-D56A drive dissapeared

profile.country.GR.title
lapolka37
Explorer

My DVD RW DW-D56A drive dissapeared

Hi all

I need HELP. Suddenly my DVD RW DW-D56A drive dissapeared from my VGN A 397XP laptop.
I can not even open the drive, and in the service place i get a big question mark. Can i reinstall the driver? Does anybody knows how can i repair this serious problem?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Lampros,

If Device Manager is reporting an error code of 19, 31, 32, 37 or 39 then it is probably a registry problem. I recommend that you backup your registry before proceeding, have a look here if you are unfamiliar with this.

Then:

1.Click Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter.

2. Navigate to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and locate UpperFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software – but not necessarily.

Alternatively download the attached registry fix and run it by double clicking.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GR.title
lapolka37
Explorer

Thanks!!!
I recover the drive.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome Lampros. Thanks for the feedback. :slight_smile:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat