Join now - be part of our community!

My new SSD drive does not show up as HDD in BIOS

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Jselling
Visitor

My new SSD drive does not show up as HDD in BIOS

Hello,

I have just recently exchanged my DVD-drive in my SVS1512Z9B with a SSD drive.

After installing the drive I made a data migration from my old HDD to my new SSD. The migration included everything even Windows since I want to use my SSD as boot drive.

However after I successfully migrated everything I restart my computer and enter the BIOS to set it as boot drive it is nowhere to be found.

I then remove my old HDD, the normal boot drive, and try to start again. The computer starts up just fine and alot faster than usuall so apparently the migration went well and I do have a valid OS on there.

Again I enter the BIOS (still without my normal HDD connected and my SSD connected to the old DVD connector) and now I have no internal HDD available at all. The computer apperently consideres my SSD as an external HDD.

But ok, if that works I try to change the boot order to have external source set as higher priority than internal.

I plug my old HDD back in and restart my computer.

As expected the computer starts up just fine, and fast as the SSD is used as boot drive. But now I still can not see my old HDD even when it is connected.

So do anyone have any suggestions on how to make the computer recognize my new SSD as an internal HDD?

Message was edited by: Jselling

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.de_AT.title
Vienna2000
Visitor

I was told to the it the other way around. Put the SSD in place of the existing HDD and move the HDD to where the DVD was.

So far, have done the first part, but not swapped the DVD with the HDD. Still have plenty of space on the 250 GB SSD