Join now - be part of our community!

MY PCG GRX616MP IS SUDDENLY OUT OF ORDER

lyli
Visitor

MY PCG GRX616MP IS SUDDENLY OUT OF ORDER

After a quick with message on a blus screen myy vaio went out of order. The screen is black, the on led lights green the fan is on and the DD doesn't start.
please if anyone knows what happens or how to do to start it again please your welcome.

13 REPLIES 13
William
Visitor

Bruce Benson who lives in the UK and repairs memory sockets is now offering his services via his website:

BRUCE BENSON

Might be worth contacting him regarding cost etc.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I don't know if it would be worth it now William, the screen goes red on bootup and takes nearly 20secs to go normal, so it would be a waste

But I'm hoping she'll live until her 4th birthday

lyli
Visitor

After a quick with message on a blus screen myy vaio went out of order. The screen is black, the on led lights green the fan is on and the DD doesn't start.
please if anyone knows what happens or how to do to start it again please your welcome.

:cry: My vaio is still out of order. Does any one have any suggestion or advice to help. Please do so I'm desperate. Thanks

William
Visitor

:cry: My vaio is still out of order. Does any one have any suggestion or advice to help. Please do so I'm desperate. Thanks

The general conscencus is that you appear to have faulty memory slots which require resoldering. Presumably you have tried the "temporary" fix suggestested.