Join now - be part of our community!

My Sony VAIO VGN-S3HP won't play any DVD's

Shogie
Visitor

My Sony VAIO VGN-S3HP won't play any DVD's

As of the title, My Sony VAIO VGN-S3HP won't play any DVD's.
This includes films, games, recorded TV shows that have been finalized for use with PC. It does make the noise that a DVD Drive would make when it loads DVD's but it just keeps making the noise, and eventually stops, without doing anything. I have had this laptop for a couple of years, but I am financially challenged, as I am only 13. Could anyone please help me with this, or at least tell me the problem. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Shogie,

do any of the solutions in Blencogo's 'if you have DVD/CD drive problems' thread help.?

Use the following link to view the thread: DVD/CD drive problems

Shogie
Visitor

I have tried all but cleaning the lens, firstly because I don't know where to get those cleaners. I have done a C:/ full recovery 6 times, for various reasons, two because the DVD drive is malfunctioning.
Audio CD's Work fine, it's just the DVD's. My DVD/CD drive tries to read the DVD once or twice, then just stop's moving. I can tell that because it doesn't make the Spinning sound or the moving sound while it is working.
Is there anything else I can do? Or will I have to buy a External CD/DVD Drive as I am not too keen on sending it in for a replacement drive, because I fear that the same will happen again.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I have tried all but cleaning the lens, firstly because I don't know where to get those cleaners. 

You should be able to pick one up from Maplins, PC World, Etc.

Is there anything else I can do?

If your CDVD drive is still not working after a full recovery then sadly it sounds like a hardware problem.. :slight_frown:

Hopefully the lens cleaner will work.. :four_leaf_clover: