Join now - be part of our community!

MY VAIO LAPTOP DONT DETECT BATTERY

profile.country.GB.title
nebby1994
New

MY VAIO LAPTOP DONT DETECT BATTERY

Hai! I'm literally using vaio SVS131C1DW which I haven't open the battery cover to look at the REAL serial number yet.

My laptop did not detect any battery since two years ago. I tried to update the drivers that time but it did not work. 

This year I just realized that it will detect my battery if I bend down the screen towards the keyboard, but if I flip over a little using my legs or pillows. but if I open it back again, it will not detect again.

Now I just upgraded my OS to windows 10.

The Sony Centre said (I sent it a month ago) that the motherboard is broken and it costs alot(like I can buy a new Macbook). But, my IT staff said that it is not cause it did not shut down and restart even I turned on this laptop from morning to the evening.

Anyone please help me and suggest any. I'm dying to fix this. I really love this laptop and didnt think to buy a new one. :'(

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi nebby1994 and welcome.

It would be impossible to give an accurate answer without inspecting the laptop. You say it works all day - is this on mains power only or does it work on the battery at all?

It does sound like a hardware break in the charging circuit if the battery can be recognised by moving the screen and distorting the body of the Vaio. Perhaps the best way forward is to get an electrical engineer to have a look inside to see if he can find a bad connection in the charging circuit or a break in the main board.

I don't think it is a software issue.