Join now - be part of our community!

My VAIO PCG-SR21K is powering off every 5 minutes.

profile.country.it_IT.title
Paolofra
Visitor

My VAIO PCG-SR21K is powering off every 5 minutes.

How can i update the bios if the pc has not the cd rom but only a usb and this is not bootable from bios?

How can i solve the power off?
what cause it?

The poc does not really power off, the monitor power off, but the green led is on and the fan is running.

But i cannot do nothing with pc.

I have added a new big fan over the cpu but nothing is changed.

Please help me.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Paolofra,

In order to update the BIOS you would need an external USB CD or floppy drive. I believe that the original floppy drive with this model utilised the PC card slot. However there is only a roll back BIOS available for your model:

“This BIOS recovery update is applicable if you have already updated your VAIO using the Windows XP BIOS and want now to reinstall the original operating system (Windows 2000) on your VAIO.”

Assuming that you still have the original operating system then the shutdown problem is unlikely to be connected with BIOS as, if it was, this problem would hopefully have been addressed by Sony years ago.

I suggest that you download a temperature monitoring utility such as PC-Wizard and let us know the CPU temperature.

You say that you have added a new big fan over the CPU. Is this externally or have you had a new fan fitted?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
pctech33
Visitor

Hi,

To resolve hardware issues you will have to upgrade the motherboard BIOS. Check the APM and apply a forced close.

Disable fast shutdown via “advanced troubleshooting settings” in the operation menu under ‘Start’.

Check if all open applications have been appropriately closed, and no program is instigating a forced shutdown.

Remember, the Internet Explorer browser is resource-intensive; it occupies almost 80% of memory space and may run software that hinders the shutdown process.

Ensure that this browser is closed. Memory resident 16-bit software or bugs can easily lead to conflicts that affect the normal system shutdown process.

Use “System Configuration Utility” available under ‘System Tools’ in the ‘Start’ menu to remove or configure these viruses or files.

Life is too serious to be taken seriously http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

Life is too serious to be taken seriously