Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio FE31M Blank Screen

anishg
Visitor

Sony Vaio FE31M Blank Screen

Hi,

I have a Vaio FE31M Laptop, today i turned it on and the screen is blank. The Vaio startup screen does not show, nothing at all.

The Power, Scroll lock, Num lock and Caps lock LED's remain on.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Anish

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Anish and welcome to Club Vaio.

What other noises are you getting? Does the disc drive make any noises? Does it sound like the Vaio is working normally without the screen or does it sound dead?

If it sounds like it is working normally, try it with an external monitor to see if it is the screen.

If everything sounds dead, then try taking the battery out and disconnecting from the mains.
Hold the start button down for 30 seconds.
Connect only the mains adapter and try to boot from mains power only leaving the battery out.

Have you made any changes recently - added more memory for example.

:thinking:

anishg
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Im not getting any other noises, hdd seems fine and sounds normal as if its spinning as per normal. I have tried with external monitor, still nothing is being displayed.

As per your instructions i tried battery out and disconnecting from mains, pressed start button for 30 seconds and put in mains, still same problem.

Have not made any memory changes or anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Regards,

Anish

profile.country.en_GB.title
@5528097000005097
Visitor

Hi Anish

You could try pressing F10 continuously immediately after the power on button, just to see if the recovery utility displays - that is if you have'nt tried it already.

profile.country.en_DE.title
nkkankariya
Visitor

hi anish,

I have the same problem.

Did you find the solution yet?

regards,

nkk

profile.country.en_GB.title
pctech33
Visitor

Hi,

You should determine the exact component that is causing the issue of a black screen. For this, restart the computer first in Safe Mode. Before troubleshooting, first take a backup of all the system files. Then determine which component is causing the problem. Find the extent of the damage caused by this problem. Then measures should be adopted to solve the issue. If the issue cannot be solved by you alone, then Sony customer care should be contacted.

Edited to provide link to source of above copied & pasted reply..

http://forums.cnet.com/7726-19681_102-5188835.html

Life is too serious to be taken seriously http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

Life is too serious to be taken seriously