Join now - be part of our community!

My VGN-FS215E - Audio not recognised

jeffreinders
Visitor

My VGN-FS215E - Audio not recognised

Hi all ,

I have a problem i really hope someone can help me with

I have a sony vaio fs215e and al my drivers are installing correctly except my audio ( its says pci in the control panel but i cant install it. I have tried the standard preinstalled driver and the update audio driver. It doesnt seem to recognise the audio of my laptop.

Anyway i have tried a clean install winxp pro -> chipset drivers -> direct x9 -> audio drivers. It does install the realtek audio to my program files but it doesnt seem to mesh with the hardware in my laptop.

I have been at this problem all afternoon and yesterday aswell. I would really appreciate anyone who could try to help me.

Kind regards ,
JeffReinders

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jeff and welcome.

In the pre-installed Drivers folder (downloadable from Vaio-Link) there is a UAA High Definition Audio Class driver. You need to install this before installing the audio driver.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
jeffreinders
Visitor

Thanks for the feedback.

I have already tried this.
It install the realtek program without a problem.
After that i open control panel -> system -> device manager and i see a yellow question mark at PCI Device ( Last uninstalled device on my vaio ) I choose to install the driver manually and i locate the folder of the preinstalled drivers ( audio->wdm) but it says its not the right software.

It says this in the property of the PCI Device : PCI bus 0, device 27, function 0 is this the correct location of the onboard audio device ?.

Furthermore i read in the vaio manual that you can disable audio with the fs1/fs2 buttons i tried this but i don't get any response.

And as last i tried checking the bios for onboard sound enabling. But i cannot seem to find this option.

I hope this is enough information to continue troubleshooting.

Kind Regards ,

Jeff Reinders

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

When you say a clean install of XP was this using the Vaio Recovery disks or your own copy? If the latter then possibly the Sony UAA High Definition Audio Class driver is not compatible.

Some other members of this forum have reported that the version available from here worked for them, after a ‘clean’ install of XP.

You may find further information in the Microsoft knowledge base for article KB888111.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
jeffreinders
Visitor

Never mind Rich ,

You were right the first time. Only i downloaded different drivers from realtek for the alc260.

Then i installed the regular audio drivers and it worked.

thanks for your time and help ,
its much appreciated.

Kind regards ,

Jeff Reinders

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

No problem Jeff, I am pleased to hear that your promlem is solved, happy listening......:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat