Join now - be part of our community!

need a help from computer masters here

leoshen
Visitor

need a help from computer masters here

Hi all
I bought my laptop VGF-S2XP 1 year and 2 months ago and tried to call sony support center, that because my laptop is keeping restarting and give out a blue page contain lots of words but I I can read them because it will restart again. I read first line of what it gives that is something about a problem detected windows has to shut down to prevent damage of the computer.

Can someone tell me that this is a virus problem or computer failure? Is there any solution to fix it?

Thank you
Leo

2 REPLIES 2
waterside
Visitor

A blue screen sounds like windows has started when you get the error (though the error message itself seems odd). If you have a bootable XP CD, you can see if your PC will boot from that and try a repair.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi leoshen and welcome to the forum.

There have been graphics chip problems with the S series using the ATI 9200 video chip (which your model does). Your machine doesn't seem to exhibit the typical symptoms:

System does not come out of hibernation
System reports an error in the ati driver
System does not boot, screen remains black.
In some cases the Sony logo come up on boot and does not proceed with the boot process.

That said, it may well be related. As you are now unable to access the operating system it will be difficult to narrow down the problem via error messages.

I suggest you try accessing safe mode (F8 at boot) or a system recovery using either the Hard Disk Recovery (tap F10 at boot) or the recovery disks you have created. If the problem then persists you will need to contact either Sony Support for an out of warranty repair or an independent repairer for further investigation of the problem.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat