Join now - be part of our community!

Nero SW crashes DVD drive! Any patch available?

ktm640fan
Visitor

Nero SW crashes DVD drive! Any patch available?

Installed Nero Burn Software on my Vaio FS315H, now no disks are found in the explorer if any inserted. HW Manger shows a red "!", Sony dealer know this problem but say only a complete recover may help, because a linux boot DVD is recognised from the vaio.
Does anybody know if there is a easier and not so time wasting possibility to solve this problem? Maybe a patch?
thx in advance
Marc

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Have you tried uninstalling the drive from device manager?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Is Device Manager reporting any error code for the drive?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ktm640fan
Visitor

Hi,

the error message is:

Dieses Hardwaregerät kann nicht gestartet werden, da dessen Konfigurationsinformationen (in der Registrierung) unvollständig oder beschädigt sind. (Code 19)

that means:
The HW couldn´t get started, because of configinformation (in the registration) not complet or corrupt.

thx
M*

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I had this problem some time ago and it was caused by a conflict between Nero and Roxio which stopped the drives initialising.

I uninstalled them both, reinstalled Nero and this seemed to fix the problem.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

There is a simple fix for this which involves changes to the registry. I recommend that you backup your registry before proceeding, have a look here if you are unfamiliar with this.

Then:

1.Click Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter.

2. Navigate to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and locate UpperFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software – but not necessarily.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ktm640fan
Visitor

many thanks rich, you´re the best!!!
now the drive is found again! but had to de-install the roxio first. tried it before also without removing roxoi, but wasn´t succesful!

perfect so don`t have to set up my laptop again-many thanks!!!!

cheers
marc :wink:

ktm640fan
Visitor

thx your and rich´s posting really helped me!

cheers
Marc

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Your'e welcome marc, I'm pleased to hear that you have it sorted:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat