Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio FE11S WindowsXP Pro Audio driver

ocatarineta
Visitor

Vaio FE11S WindowsXP Pro Audio driver

Hello, I had to change the preinstalled WMC with a WinXP Pro. Everything right till this: I have just an unknown "PCI device", no modem and no audio. The Sigmatel audio driver installer tells that the object af the device couldn't be find, and an update driver doesn't accept the modem driver.
I don't know exactly what to do now...
Can anyone help me?
Thnx!

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hello, I had to change the preinstalled WMC with a WinXP Pro. Everything right till this: I have just an unknown "PCI device", no modem and no audio. The Sigmatel audio driver installer tells that the object af the device couldn't be find, and an update driver doesn't accept the modem driver.
I don't know exactly what to do now...
Can anyone help me?
Thnx!

Hi ocatarineta,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Did you download the Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities for your FE11s

ocatarineta
Visitor

Hi ocatarineta,

Welcome to Club Vaio,

Thank you!

Did you download the <a href="http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/preinstalled/preinstalled.asp? l=en&category=-1&serie=-1&m=2152" target="_blank">Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities</a> for your FE11s

Yes, but the provided one doesn't work. I don't think there can any drivers relevant difference between XPPro and WMC, so, any idea?

ocatarineta
Visitor

Did you download the <a href="http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/preinstalled/preinstalled.asp? l=en&category=-1&serie=-1&m=2152" target="_blank">Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities</a> for your FE11s

Yes, of course I did, and this was the same there was on my HD. But in XpPro doesn't work...

ocatarineta
Visitor

Yes, I did. This was the same drive I had on my HD. In WinXp doesn't work...

ocatarineta
Visitor

Ok, I did solve it patching with kb83522.
Bye!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Ok, I did solve it patching with kb83522.
Bye!

:cool: Glad it's sorted. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

Why the hell did you remove WME????

FE11S has Windows XP PRO including the Media Crap you get. You are wasting your time dude. I have also FE11S you are wasting your time if you dont believe me just take more trouble then looking in your system properties....

Geez.....

Shawkat
Visitor

Dear Sir,

I have the same problem PCI Device, any one can help please